Thursday, December 08, 2005

Crushed, Yet Not Destroyed

That is what I am. Especially last night.

I had an interesting time. I felt very strongly I needed some alone time--me and God. So I obeyed and went to my little camper. I started reading a Brio magazine article and just started crying. But I was praising God at the same time. I was happy and sad at the same time. It is so hard to explain unless you've been there. And I remembered a verse that Dawn gave me earlier in the year when I was burdened and a little depressed, just like last night. Zephaniah 3:17. And I can't remember all of what it says, but the part that really spoke to me was, "He will quiet you with his love." And I cried out to Him, "Oh Lord I need to you to quiet me." Because my heart and my thoughts were so tangled and everything was screaming at me at the same time. I just wanted Him to shut them all up.

He didn't completely. But He calmed me. Nothing went away magically, but He told me we could handle them. Me and Him. And He told me I wouldn't die from an overload of stress if I gave it all to Him. He wouldn't let me die; we'd make it through. He promised.

So here I am, continuing on in the fight. As everyone must. Without Him life would be unbearable. But with Him we can march on and even find joy and happiness in it all.

We can be crushed but not destroyed. Persecuted, yet not abandoned. And whatever else 2 Corinthians 4 says. We can and will make it.

1 comment:

Christina said...

I really like that article!

It reminds me of what I call "Chris's current life song" ("Surrendur" by BarlowGirl):

"My hands hold safely to my dreams
Clutching tightly not one has fallen.
So many years I’ve shaped each one
Reflecting my heart, showing who I am.
Now you’re asking me to show
What I’m holding Oh so tightly.
Can’t open my hand; can’t let go
Does it matter?
Should I show you?
Can’t you let me go?

Chorus
Surrender, surrender
You whisper gently
You say I will be free
I know but can’t you see
My dreams are me, My dreams are me

Say you have a plan for me
And that you want the best for my life.
Told me the world has yet to see
What you can do with one
That’s committed to your call.
I know of course what I should do
That I can’t hold these dreams forever.
But if I give them now to you
Will you take them
Away forever?
Or can I dream again?"

I hate letting go. But, as Josh's message was last night - isn't He worth it? Who or what compares to Him?

NADA! :)

Chris