Friday, December 09, 2005

Meaningful Quotes

"One individual life may be of priceless value to God's purposes, and yours may be that life."
--Oswald Chambers

"Revival begins as an individual affair. There are those who have thought that Charles Finney was on the fringe of fanaticism. I used to think that too, but, after reading what he has said, I have changed my mind. He said that a revival is not a miracle, but the conditions for revival must be met. You can draw a circle, get inside that circle, and say, 'Lord, begin a revival in this circle,' and that is where it will have to be. After all, Elijah was a one-man revival. And there have been other men that have met these conditions."
--J. Vernon McGee

"Satan's main strategy with God's people has always been to whisper, 'Don't call, don't ask, don't depend on God to do great things. You'll get along fine if you just rely on your own cleverness and energy.' The truth of the matter is that the Devil is not terribly frightened of our human efforts and credentials. But he knows his kingdom will be damaged when we lift up our hearts to God."
--Jim Cymbala

"Jesus is not just looking for compliant martyr candidates. He's looking for hearts that are passionately in love with Him. He's looking for the kind of obedience-to-the-death that's driven by our consuming worship and devotion to Him. A worship and devotion that are nurtured by seeing and hearing Him, and being amazed and awestruck by what we see and hear."
--Ryan Dobson

1 comment:

Christina said...

Your post reminds me of Leonard Ravenhill's book "Revival Prayer" - there's a quote in there (not Ravenhill's) that says something like this: "We have yet to see what God can do with a man who holds onto all of the promises of God."

Through the years, when I study the Word, I pick out promises of God, write them in my prayer journal, and pray: "Jesus, I want to be THAT one who stands on all of your promises!"

Chris

P.S. I can't put up a new blog. Long story, but I know Jesus doesn't want me to right now, as insignifant or lame as that sounds. I keep making them and deleting them. It's one of my "Isaacs" that I have to lay on the altar and allow God to kill...