Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Sam, my love

I want you to meet Samson. Later I will put a picture of him if I can, but...
Sam is my family's new puppy. He is half malamute/timber wolf, half border collie. I call him my new boyfriend because I saw a shirt in Wal-Mart (where else!) that said," I traded my boyfriend in for a puppy." And my friends say it sort of describes me.
Sam and I are close because we stay home alone together a lot while everyone else is doing something exciting. He loves me lots and still climbs up in my lap even though he now weighs almost 35 pounds. Monday he and I were taking a nap on the couch and I woke up to him snuggled against my back, his nose in my hair and paw on my face. Which was nice, considering he sometimes, or most of the time, is naughty and wants to bite my face, my feet, my hands, anything he can bite.
He loves mom the most though. Ungrateful dog. But I am his babysitter and companion. Dad is his play-toy. And he likes my sister of course but she is gone a lot at school and when she comes home he is more interested in mom.
So that is Sam in nutshell. And he is nutty. But so am I and I love him.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Cute!!! Border collie mixes are the cutest ever. I can't wait to see a picture of him.

Chris