Sunday, October 09, 2005

Rudolph

I am not really thinking about Christmas, but my nose when I call this Rudolph. I stayed home from church today because I feel like crap and can barely speak. (as some people in the crowd go wild with screaming because, hurrah, Dessa can't talk) Last night I felt like singing Rebecca St. James' "God", but my sister told me to be quiet. She didn't tell me to shut up because I was really emotional and would cry at the drop of a hat. Some of you may identify with that.

I smell good right now. I got here and realized I needed deoderant so I used my uncles. Its Old Spice and smells really nice. (guys out there--Old Spice is hot, along with Stetson. Sadly though, I doubt any guys read this. Oh well.)

Last night when I was feeling so bad, I also worried about my friends and their troubles. I just really prayed for them hard. And cried, but that was expected. I cry easily and frequently. But I was just like, "God, what do I do?" He said, "Continue praying and doing what I ask." Sometimes His answers are so vague. And He reassured me that no matter how far down they went, He could still reach them if they called out to Him. So that helped. I don't want to see how far down they go; I want to see them rise, but He can and will rescue them. That is encouraging to me.

Do you talk to God? Does He answer you? Cause I can hear some of you saying, "How does/can God speak to you? He never does to me. Or He hasn't in awhile."

It's His Word. His Word is so wonderful. As you read it more and more, more of it gets stuck in your mind and heart. And then when you have questions and are crying out to Him like I was last night, it comes to your mind. And that is Him speaking. But we have to be ready to listen and commune with Him. Twila Paris said in one of her songs, "When He speaks to me, when I take the time to listen..." and that is it. Those words soothe your soul like none other can.

Last night concerning my friends, how I new what He was saying to me is He reminded me of Psalm 107:10-22. It says,
"Some sat in darkness and the deepest gloom, prisoners suffering in iron chains,
for they had rebelled against the words of God and despised the counsel of the Most High.
So he subjected them to bitter labor; they stumbled, and there was no one to help.
Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress.
He brought them out of darkness and the deepest gloom and broke away their chains.
Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men,
for he breaks down gates of bronze and cuts through bars of iron.
Some became fools through their rebellious ways and suffered affliction because of their iniquities.
They loathed all food and drew near the gates of death.
Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress.
He sent forth his word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave.
Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men.
Let them sacrifice thank offerings and tell of his works with songs of joy."
And that is what I pray for them. That they will let God rescue them and heal them.
God can also speak to you other ways but most common and the most trustworthy is His Word, the Holy Bible. And He will never tell you to do anything against or contrary to the Word. Never. If He does, it is not God you are listening to but someone else. A liar and deciever. Always check what you hear with His Word if it doesn't come from the Word. That is how you will know what is trustworthy and right.

1 comment:

Christina said...

I liked your post today!

It is hard to watch people you love do things that hurt both themselves, those who love them, and Jesus Himself. And it's hard to not feel so helpless. And it's hard to realize that maybe we should feel helpless, so we can more readily carry them to Jesus in prayer.

God is big. Much bigger than we give Him credit for. He can and has done amazing things as a result of prayer. A few years ago, I had a friend who had totally rebelled. I was at school in Canada, so while this friend wouldn't talk to anybody who represented Christ from Omak, they would talk to me because I wasn't "threatening," or something like that. At any rate, over the phone I told this person that I had been praying that God woud "haunt" them in their very dreams, since this person had made themselves immune to hearing the conviction of the Holy Spirit through the Word or even common sense. The next day...this person called me and was almost terrified. They were so shocked! God had met this person in their dreams, very specifically.

And that has always reminded me that it is God who can rescue our loved ones from the pit, and He doesn't even need us to help Him!

So pray on, my friend, and I will be encouraged to hear how He answers.

Love, Chris